Leonard A. Sipes, Jr. LLC
Washington, D.C., Cape Canaveral, FL
Forty-Five Years of Award-Winning Justice System Excellence
Leonard A. Sipes, Jr. has 45 years of progressively responsible criminal justice experience at national and state agencies beginning as a Maryland State Police Cadet and Trooper. He is an award-winning media affairs and social media manager with 35 years of experience. He is a court accepted expert witness for crime related issues.
Additional Information on Mr. Sipes is available at Http://LeonardSipes.Com and toll-free through at 410-575-3127 .
A resume is available upon request.
Mr. Sipes has the following accomplishments, he:
- Graduated from the Johns Hopkins University with a post-Master’s degree (Liberal Arts) and a Master’s degree in criminal justice/criminology from the University of Baltimore;
- Was the former Senior Specialist for Crime Prevention and Security for the US Department of Justice’s clearinghouse, the National Criminal Justice Reference Service;
- Was the Director of Information Services for the National Crime Prevention Council;
- Was the primary spokesperson for crime prevention for the federal government for 10 years;
- Was a Security Planner for the US Senate, Sergeant At Arms;
- Co-managed the most successful public service ad campaign in the nation (Mc Gruff The Crime Dog);
- Effectively managed thousands of media contacts about crime and criminal justice issues;
- Appeared on every national television and radio network addressing crime and justice issues;
- Was quoted by every national newspaper and wire service while addressing crime and justice issues;
- Was a former Associate Professor for criminology and public affairs-University of Maryland, University College;
- Managed the most popular radio and television based podcasting series and social media site in the US for select crime and justice issues;
- Created the first state and federal podcasting and social media sites on crime and justice issues;
- Won seven awards in 2014 for best customer service, best use of technology, top awards for podcasting and audio, three first place awards for television hosting and production;
- Won many national and local awards including a top ten website from Government Computer News;
- Had the longest tenure as The Director of Public Information for the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (a law enforcement, corrections and emergency management entity);
- Is currently the Senior Public Affairs Specialist/Social Media Manager for a federal criminal justice agency;
- Is a former Maryland State Trooper/Cadet with six years of law enforcement experience.